July 13, 2016
- Updated information about books and other materials contained in The Bishop Collection.
July 6, 2016
- Entry added to Mosher Press Exhibitions: Two exhibitions in the first half of 2016 presented books from the Mosher Press, one as part of the Penn Libraries exhibition of color in private and fine press books in their “Across the Spectrum” exhibit from February to May, and the other being the “New Members Collect” Exhibition at the Grolier Club, June through July. Both are covered here.
- Entry added to Publications by Philip R. Bishop: Bishop, Philip R. Two essays: “A Couple Exhibitions Continue to keep Mosher in the Public Eye” and “Mosher’s ‘Old World’ Kasidah on Edith J. Morley’s Bookshelves,” July 5, 2016.
June 20, 2016
- Entry added to Publications by Philip R. Bishop: (Bishop, Philip R., about website) Barry, Rebecca Rego. “A Revamped Website for Mosher Press Collectors,” FineBooks & Collections blog (for FineBooks & Collections magazine), June 20, 2016.
May 28, 2016
- Added to the Fine Bindings section: A selection of bindings by Zahn & Schwartz in The Bishop Collection.
- Entry added to Publications by Philip R. Bishop: (Bishop, Philip R., subject) Barry, Rebecca Rego. “Leather-Bound Beauty in a Cowboy Outpost” in Rare Books Uncovered—True Stories of Fantastic Finds in Unlikely Places. Foreword by Nicholas A. Basbanes. Minneapolis, MN: Voyageur Press, [December] 2015, pp. 44-48. This exciting books-on-books volume is filled with 52 tales of remarkable discoveries from the world of book collecting including those by book dealers, collectors, institutional professionals, and family members who had no idea what lurked in their attic. Bishop’s story, as recounted by Rebecca Barry, is but one of those entertaining and inspiring chapters.
- New website launched with an updated design, content reorganization, and many new images added throughout.
May 15, 2016
- Three essays added to Publications by Philip R. Bishop: From Florence Foote, to the Misses Kendall, to Peter Verberg: Some Bindings of Note; Other Additions to the Mosher Collection, The Delaware Bibliophiles’ Endpapers, March 2016, pp. 16–22, and 34-35; and not included in Endpapers, but published here as well: “Miss Wilcox’s Book Emporium.“
- Updates to links in Major Research Collections, Significant Collections, and Sites of Related Interest.
- Major website redesign in process.